It is a form of church for children and adults that involves creativity, celebration and hospitality.
- It typically includes a welcome, a creative time to explore a biblical theme through getting messy; a short celebration time involving story, prayer, song, games and similar; and a sitting down and eating. All elements are for, people of all ages, adults and children – TOGETHER.
- It’s all-age.
- It’s fun.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult – parents, grandparents and carers all welcome
The next Messy Church will be on Sunday 2nd February by which time we should have a timetable for 2020
- 4.00pm – 4.50pm – Activity time in the hall
- 4.50pm – 5.10pm – Story time/music in the church
- 5.10pm – 6.00pm – Back to the hall for Food
We hosted a Pumpkin Heroes Party – a light and safe alternative to Halloween in October – here is a flavour of the activities during the evening
- Messy Church does science… apple bobbing (float and sink. )
- sensory sweet hunt in portacabin.
- decorate strawberries in chocolate and stars….
- decorate pumpkin biscuits
- minute to win it – hoop the pumpkins
- Messy church does games… in church
- Make yarn pumpkins
- Create paper pumpkins
- decorate jar lights
- colour stain glass windows
- quiet corner