It is a form of church for children and adults that involves creativity, celebration and hospitality.
- It typically includes a welcome, a creative time to explore a biblical theme through getting messy; a short celebration time involving story, prayer, song, games and similar; and a sitting down and eating. All elements are for, people of all ages, adults and children – TOGETHER.
- It’s all-age.
- It’s fun.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult – parents, grandparents and carers all welcome
Our remaining Messy Church for 2019 is on Sunday 1st December.
You will be very welcome to come to any of our services over the Festive period.
Family Nativity Service – Sunday 15 December 10.30am
Carol Service – Sunday 22 December 6.30pm
Christingle Services – Christmas Eve at 4.00pm and repeated at 5.30pm
Christmas Eve Late Night Communion – 11.30pm
Christmas Day Family Service (show a favourite gift if you wish!) – 10.30am
The next Messy Church following that will be on Sunday 2nd February by which time we should have a timetable for 2020
- 4.00pm – 4.50pm – Activity time in the hall
- 4.50pm – 5.10pm – Story time/music in the church
- 5.10pm – 6.00pm – Back to the hall for Food
We hosted a Pumpkin Heroes Party – a light and safe alternative to Halloween in October – here is a flavour of the activities during the evening
- Messy Church does science… apple bobbing (float and sink. )
- sensory sweet hunt in portacabin.
- decorate strawberries in chocolate and stars….
- decorate pumpkin biscuits
- minute to win it – hoop the pumpkins
- Messy church does games… in church
- Make yarn pumpkins
- Create paper pumpkins
- decorate jar lights
- colour stain glass windows
- quiet corner